David Einhorn Quotes

David Einhorn Quotes


David Einhorn Quotes


David Einhorn Quotes

My father and grandfather were businessmen. The family business was Delphi Paints in New Jersey. When the first energy crisis came in the early 1970s, the business suffered.

You have a certain set of facts and you are looking for situations where you have an edge, whether the edge is psychological or statistical.

I will keep a substantial long exposure to gold — which serves as a Jelly Donut antidote for my portfolio. While I’d love for our leaders to adopt sensible policies that would reduce the tail risks so that I could sell our gold, one nice thing about gold is that it doesn’t even have quarterly conference calls.

The loss was not bad luck. It was bad analysis.

Both poker and investing are games of incomplete information. You have a certain set of facts and you are looking for situations where you have an edge, whether the edge is psychological or statistical.

What do you call a stock that’s down 90%? A stock that was down 80% and then got cut in half.

When people ask me what I do for a living, I generally tell them ‘I run a hedge fund.’ The majority give me a strange look, so I quickly add, ‘I am a money manager.’ When the strange look persists, as it often does, I correct it to simply, ‘I’m an investor.’ Everyone knows what that is.

There’s more at risk in what happens in Microsoft than I could ever bet on a poker table.

A 99% Value-at-Risk calculation does not evaluate what happens in the last one percent… This is like an airbag that works all the time, except when you have a car accident.

Microsoft could help Facebook with one of the biggest challenges, namely monetizing its traffic without reducing the user’s experience. It’s obvious that Microsoft needs traffic and Facebook needs search.

In the real world, illiquid assets carry a discount.

Texas hold ’em is all about folding and waiting for that time that comes up every hour or two where you actually have an advantage and you can press it.

During my freshman year at Cornell, I joined my dorm’s intramural football team. At the first practice, upper class men pointed out I was tall, so I should try playing QB. Well half an hour later, it was abundantly clear that I should not be the QB.

On my best days, I fancy myself a combination of Dad’s persistence/patience and Mom’s toughness/skepticism.

I rooted for the Milwaukee Brewers and its stars, Robin Yount and Paul Molitor. I went to a lot of games, including the World Series in 1982. The Brewers may have been a bad team for most of my life, but to have your team at its peak when you are thirteen years old is an experience I wish for every fan.

What is uncertain is how much further the bubble can expand, and what might pop it.

I’ve got a fantasy-baseball team with my brother. But I have to admit, he does all the work.

One of the best investors around, Joel Greenblatt, has written a popular, charming and funny book about investing in great companies at low P/E multiples. To simplify an already simple book, great companies are generally measured as companies that can generate lots of profit without requiring a lot of capital. This means that they have high ROEs.

Also Read : 

Famous Quotes David Einhorn

Microsoft has one more shot at a role in smartphone software through its deployment on Nokia phones. Nokia is still the global market share leader in cell phones. Maybe it will work out, but this is hard to envision great success in the area coming on the heels of so much disappointment in missed opportunity in this important and visible category.

When you leave a good job to go off on your own and don’t expect to make money for a while, you name the firm whatever your wife says you should.
Ads go here

Comments

Use Information Purpose Only

quotes is a hypernym of reference, as the emphasis or copy of a previous declaration or thought. quotes are complement signifies that exhibit a reference. both reference and statements are sometimes shortened as "quote(s)".

stay related with us to check every day shayari updates. you can comparatively get instructed here with our most recent data and updates. stay related and continue to visit our site for the most recent deferred outcomes of the day.

Archive

Use Information Purpose Only

here is the latest Sattas invigorates reliant upon normal timetable. Satta gives notification, alert of all Sattas.

the matka game is as of now pay of source all around the india. matka is an obvious result rises game that was set up during the 1950s after the partnership on the best producers in india was done by an exhibition by the indian government.

Use Information Purpose Only

123movies was an association of record streaming destinations working from vietnam which allowed customers to watch films for free.

movierulz is a public storm webpage which openings stole films on the web. the site movierulz moves the stole versions of hindi, tamil, telugu.

tamil rockers is a storm site which works with the illegal scattering of ensured material, including tv programs, films, music and videos.

tamilgun is one of the notable film downloading site, which gives commonly latest tamil, telugu, bollywood, hollywood movies for free.

pagalworld is the best website for download ringtones in free. this is an electronic music website which contains the online ringtones, mp3 songs in free.

the kissanime was an anime-focused record streaming webpage that worked with interfaces and embedded accounts, allowing customers to stream or download movies and tv shows unlawfully in vain. it was a sister site page to a related manga seeing site, kissmanga. kissanime was portrayed as "one of the world’s most prominent streaming anime websites".

Contact Form

Send

Use Information Purpose Only

tamilgun is one of the notable film downloading site, which gives commonly latest tamil, telugu, bollywood, hollywood movies for free.